football, maths, life, whatever else...but mainly football and life

Monday, July 7, 2008

My First Pair of Jordan's

Me and Jordan's go a long way. It was never meant to be. Back in 1994 I believe my late grandfather went on a US trip and I asked him to bring me Jordan's or the Nike Air Max CB's. He brought me 1990 Air Force(They were the Rookie shoes of the damn Admiral) and paid around 100 Euros for them. He said the Jordan's were ugly and looked like climbing shoes(well, they were but I wanted the Jordan VIII not the IX anyway, the IX were not out yet in Vienna) but it was still a huge rip off. That was the one chance I had of getting Jordan's and what I learned was that you should never ask a 80 year old man to bring you basketball shoes, because the poor man doesn't know about it.
Then there were the Jordan XI...where the original's looked like ballet shoes with that shiny thing around it, but there was a cooler version of them too, the low ones. My cousin had them in black...awesome shoe!
Anyway...my old basketball shoes, my Converse All Star retros I had for 11 years now went bust yesterday, or at least one pair went.





So I had to buy new basketball shoes today, since I'm getting back in John Starks mode(had a decent game yesterday. We lost, but I'm getting my swagger back and the opposition was simply better. But I'm shooting better lately than ever).
I went to Footlocker looking for Jordan's, since I boycott Adidas shoes, don't really like And1 and Reebok's are hard to find in Vienna and found them.
Rashid claims that he could get them cheaper from Ahmed, but I could get them cheaper somewhere else too and since Rashid lives in Paris...yeah, great!
Eitherway, can't wait to put them on and play...









2 comments:

Zabina said...

Hi!
I found your blog while searching for that Converse Allstar shoe that you've posted a pic on in this post.

My problem tho, do you remember what they name of that shoes are?
I've been trying to looking at google but i cant find it anywhere. I had a pair myself in the early 2000's and i absolutley love'd them and now i want a new pair. But like i said - i cant find them anywhere.

Maybe you know where i can find them?
Hopefully out of the US, or a site that does the shipping to Sweden :)

Thanks!
Zabina.liljehammar@live.se

Unknown said...

hi
i was wondering if you could help me out with the name of the converse i have been searching for it online couldnt find it maybe if i could get the exact name that could identify it
i have been looking for the types for more than 10years now