football, maths, life, whatever else...but mainly football and life

Monday, December 24, 2007

Estimat Frank

I don't know where to start, I don't know where to end. I always had faith in you, I always believed in you, I always thought that you will cut it in the end and all of the stuff said about you, regarding tactical inflexibility and whatever else was just rubbish.
I knew and expected you to be better, the best possible coach this team can have and your level of tactical knowledge good enough.
So please tell me, how could you blow it that bad last night?
Ok, you gambled on Ronaldinho's pride. Well, the guy has no pride, but either way, you gambled. But why didn't you take him off once you should have realized that he is not working?
Henry was not fully fit, fair enough, you didn't play him. But why didn't you bring in Gudjohnsen as an example to help out Eto'o in attack, to hold the ball for him, to play in his path, to do something apart of letting him die upfront alone against Cannavarro and Pepe? Why didn't you react to the fact that Yaya, who btw. was one of few players outstanding and playing like a man, being pressured by Van Nistelrooy and Robinho, to the man-to-man defense of Baptista against Xavi or anything else?
Why didn't you try to solve the problems but instead of that brought in Giovani, who wasn't the cure of the problem?
Why Frank? What did you try to prove with playing Ronaldinho for 90 minutes against Ramos, knowing that he is lost? Why didn't you tell him to switch sides with Iniesta, to move at all, to do something, anything? Why didn't you react??
You let me down, you let us down, you went from Frank White to Frank Elsner.
If you have enough and want to retire then do it, but you don't need to blow a game like that, because in the end, you took the decisions of that game and you blew it, as sorry as I am to say it.
I'm not over this defeat and I won't be for some time. Yesterday you officially declared that an era was over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

schuster 1, rijkaard 0.

you still want this photoshop-thingy? ;)