football, maths, life, whatever else...but mainly football and life

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Obregado Jose!





Dear Jose,

You probably won't read this, as I hardly doubt that you read blogs. 2 years ago, when you passed me by with your iPod in ears, I didn't ask for a picture with you or an autograph, although you were willing to give one to anyone. Somehow, unfortunately, I had a bad picture of you in mind as a guy too soft in duels and tackles, who loses the ball too often and whose work Motta and Marquez could do better too. Then this season Yaya came and I saw my ideal 6 for Barca and kissed you goodbye. I forgot and didn't care anymore about your Milan games, about the fact that both Xavi and Deco played better with you behind them and about everything else you did without people noticing it. I never took you serious.
Then you had this interview, where you just told the truth and when a mild mannered guy like you says "Honestly, I have enough", then it means a lot.
Now you are not saluted really in the public but people say that you did something wrong. But what did you do wrong? Stating the obvious? Telling some people to wake up? Codigo intern and other bullshit? Screw it!
For what you did, you showed that you are a real leader and you don't have to say sorry for anything. You didn't sugarcoat it, you just said it as it is.
I have to say sorry for being an idiot and not knowing your true worth.

Obregado Jose for daring to say it and not talking bullshit like everyone else.

No comments: