football, maths, life, whatever else...but mainly football and life

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Le Week-End de Merde

I don't wanna talk about Iran's defeat. Utter disaster, utterly disgusted, utterly..god damn.
There are too many other issues. My urologe, 34 years of age, suffered from some high blood pressure thing and is now in ICU at AKH. If he gets lucky, he will be half sided disabled, otherwise he will die. You really don't know what's worse. Being half-sided disabled or to die at 34.
Another personal disaster, not as bad as that, but still, was that I had moved all my pictures, music files and videos on an external hard disk I had bought. All of a sudden though, I couldn't read that external disk anymore and everything was gone.
Now, it wasn't such a problem with my music, as I have them all on my iPod and can transfer them. But the real tragedy was with my pictures. It was a collection of around 4 years of photos, 4 years of memories, 4 years of my life in pictures, all gone.
Somehow I managed to get a recovery programme for free on cnet.com and I could recover almost 90% of my pictures, although mostly a bit corrupted, but anyway, it's better than nothing.
The 4 years included pictures of my grandfather who died in February and lots of other beautiful memories. Everything was gone in around 30 seconds.
I researched a bit and realised that that External Hard Disk I had bought was simply rubbish, as lots of other people had the same problems. It's a Maxtor Personal Storage something, but produced by Seagate, who are actually good when it comes to hard disks. But this one was simply utter rubbish as I can't access the hard disk anymore and all my files seem to be gone.

What has life come to, that so many dear things are gone by a split second, be it human life, things defining human life, or anything else that makes life beautiful?
Modern Life is Rubbish...

No comments: